Thursday 10 September 2015

TEACH INDIA BRIGHT INDIA

This is not one of the regular travel experience that I am always supposed to write, but this is something that I have experienced while travelling which I can't resist myself to pen down to bring the light of the instance to everyone.

I am on my usual ride on Delhi metro where the monotonous sound of metro operator lamenting my ears minute after minute urging my mind strongly to get my destination soon and I was stepped out of this boring scenario. Suddenly, my eyes caught an attention to the group of cheerful teenager girls who belong to suburban areas  but the confidence and charm they were holding on their faces almost  hypnotized me. Even for a second, I would not be able to get my eyes off from them, they were in their teens but the way they were conversing was mind blowing, the etiquette they were having can even left behind the most urban teens. The command that they hold on the language showed that they are quite literate and are going to be the bright future of our country. With few more lapse of time, I can't hold myself inquiring about them because I never expected such a nice behavioral manner especially excellent communication skills from the children belonging to lower suburban areas.

So, I asked the girl almost of my age group, referred as "Ragini didi" by the girls, might be their teacher, curiously I inquired from her what they were up to. The answer she gave me  just taken me a back. Their work is so applauding, they are trying to blossom lotuses in a marshy land (that almost each of us refer to suburban as). They are craving diamonds so beautifully out of the mines in the form of providing education to the children from the lower suburban of the societies. The ability to stand on their own feet, communicate confidently with the crowd they are living into,  generates the extreme glow on the children' faces which is their own light, their own power of chasing to their brilliant and bright future.

With little more conversation with her, I got to know that She's an engineer by profession but rather choosing to work in MNCs earning high paid salaries, she chose to work for a non profitable organisation "Teach for India" from last two years. The organisation run by a Shaheen Mistri initially, but now growing as a community  with the like minded people towards providing excellence to society. Their purpose is upbringing and nurturing talent in the lower suburban areas to their best and they are doing it at par their excellence very well. It can be judged by the intimacy they are holding with the kids, the satisfaction of the greatest accomplishment can be seen in them, which I think no other work can deliver to them.

It is by this instance, I realize that there are still some of the population left in India who either lamenting about the adversities in India or wasting their energies in pointing out negatives, engaged in turning out the society to its best by nurturing the buds to blossom like flowers soon. Cheers and salute to their work, their dedication and their determination....!!! They are the people who are making and contributing to real India....!! They are the ones who are making this slogan actually true "Padega India tabhi to Badega India"...!!

If you want to contribute your services, you can do so by logging on their site: www.teachforindia.org

1 comment: